For many businesses, investing in new lift installations is an expensive, but exciting prospect. Whether you are replacing an older lift with something more up to date or having your first lift installed, it’s clear that you are facing a big task. To help you prepare, we’ve put together some advice on what you can expect and how you can prepare so that everything goes as smoothly as possible – take a look now.
What to Expect from New Lift Installations
Once you have decided to go for UK lift installation services, you will have many more decisions to make to get the process started. From discussing your specific needs to planning out your new lift installation London, you must be aware of everything before you get started.
Once you have discussed your needs in-depth, your chosen lift company will provide you with the estimate, a projected timeframe and a range of requirements that you will need to agree to. When the agreements are all in place, your lift team will get to work.
Be aware that installing a new lift is not a simple task and there will be many milestones that you can look forward to seeing, these include:
- Setting the columns ready for the lift to use
- Marking out the carriage location on the columns
- Installing the drive system ready for use
- Welding and assembling your lift enclosures and gates
- Completing electrical hookups to power the lift
- Checking the system works effectively, including safety features, doors and directional buttons
- Working with a lift engineer inspector to ensure that the lift is safe and fully operational
- Opening your lift ready for use!
With so many milestones, it can feel overwhelming to move forward with a lift installation. However, when you choose Murray Lift Group LTD, we will be with you every step of your lift installation service to ensure you are informed and kept up to date!
How to Prepare for New Lift Installations
With so much work to face, it can be hard to work out how to prepare for the task ahead. However, we’ve got some simple tips to help you get organised:
- Inform everyone that will be affected by the work
- Get all health and safety checks in place
- Create and install clear signage for the work area
- Consider clearing people from nearby offices/workspaces so they aren’t disrupted
- Share information about the new lift ready for it to be used
- Inform everyone when the work is completed
- Arrange ongoing lift repair and maintenance services to keep your lift in great shape
The key to any good preparations is taking the time to inform and advise people on what is happening and why. By doing this, your teams will be on board and excited about the finished product, helping to keep everyone engaged and motivated while the work is being done.
Getting Support from Lift Specialists UK
Whether you are looking for new lift installations alone or UK lift installation and maintenance, Murray Lift Group LTD is here for you. We are experts in new lift installations and have worked with many clients over the years. Take some time to check out our case studies or get in touch to arrange a free quote for your new lift needs.